10 Women Christian Men Should
Avoid Like The Plague Never Marry
Recently, my attention was guided to a blog post – versions of which I’m sure have been done to death. “10 Men Christian Women Should Never Marry” – a blog post on Charisma Mag riddled with jaw dropping gems like this one
I have always believed God is in the matchmaking business
The problem I have with the post is that the 10 stereotypes mentioned, aren’t supposed to be gender specific yet positioned in a way so as to make it appear so. The only purpose lists like that serve, is pandering.
Unless you’ve managed to “put a ring on it” by a certain timeframe, you probably know just how difficult it is to find someone who you connect with, let alone marry. So while we love to wallow at the lack of decent members from the opposite sex, here is a list of 10 “wrong women” that christian men should avoid at all costs.
- The Unbeliever – 2 Corinthians 6 :14 advises against being yoked with unbelievers. So doesn’t matter if she’s drop dead gorgeous or has that amazing rack or even those sexy curves. If she doesn’t believe, she’s not the one for you.
- The Liar – If you discover she’s lied about her past or that she’s always making up excuses to cover her tracks, exit now! Marriage must be build on the foundation of trust. If she can’t be truthful, break up before she bamboozles you with an even bigger deception (oh maybe something along the lines of “we’re pregnant and it’s yours”)
- The Slut – Just because she goes to church doesn’t mean she lives a pure life. We’ve all heard stories of girls in the worship team behaving like heathens during the other days of the week – heck most of us have seen it with our own eyes. If she has been sleeping around before you got together, odds are the behavior will continue. And if she hasn’t, then who is to say she won’t start after you get together. Damned if you do, damned if you don’t. So tread with care.
- The Addict – Whether its drugs or alcohol,
churchgoingwomen have perfected the art of covering up their tracks. Trust your instincts on this one. If she’s denying it, tell her straight up “Addicts always deny they have a problem”. If she doesn’t want help, forget about her. You can’t fix her!
- The Gold Digger – Times are tough but money is the root of all evil. There are so many women out there who just want access to 50% of your net worth. One of the many ways to test for this hypothesis is to say “I’m considering giving away most of my wealth to charity. But we’ll still have enough to live fairly comfortably”. Study her reaction. Video tape it if you have to. Do a thorough background check just to be on the safer side. Hire a PI if you have to. If there are any signs, and I mean any signs at all (no matter how small) you throw her ass out on the street.
- The Princess – Disney and daddies have a good majority of girls of this generation growing up to think they are princesses. The worst of which you can see on that one TV show. Anyways, if she wants to be coddled like some princess she better have the lineage to back it up!
- The Uber Feminist – Feminism has its roots in achieving equality for women ‘in relation to that enjoyed by men’. That’s fantastic. But if she’s going on and on about patriarchy, glass ceilings and unequal pay scales – that’s a red flag. Now don’t get me wrong. It’s not a red flag that she mentions these things, but often as is the case with feminists, there won’t be any “dialogue”. Don’t waste your time. Move on, preferable AFTER you’ve put her things out on the street.
- The Blackmailer – You’ve ever had to deal with girls who hang things over your head indefinitely? “Oh exactly 72 days ago you forgot to hold the door open for me”. The only logical response to this is “Are you f**king serious?”. If she keeps bringing stuff from the past back up, do yourself a favor and run!
- The One with the Sugar Daddy – Enough said. If you’re going to be someone’s sugar daddy make sure you are tied with any long-term strings.
- The Control Freak – If she wants to know where you are at every moment. You know the kind that if you go “radio silent” for more than 20 min, throws a hissy fit. Stop enabling her and throw her ass out.
There are many more types of “wrong woman” that you should stay away from if you’re a christian man. I can think of at least 5 more stereotypes, but since this is supposed to be a piece of writing that balances out that other one I mentioned in the beginning, I’m going to exercise restraint. I’ll end with a paragraph similar to the one from the original post.
If you are a man of God, don’t sell your spiritual birthright by marrying a woman who doesn’t deserve you. Your smartest decision in life is to wait for a woman who is sold out to Jesus